Release date: July 12, 2022
This week’s episode of Telaid Tech Connect features Andi Huels, Head of AI, North America for Lenovo. We explore the AI ecosystem, the different components and stakeholders, and the potential for AI to transform businesses in all segments. Andi outlines insightful use cases and explains how to establish scalable, optimized infrastructure to support AI for applications now and in the future.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [2:58] What is the AI ecosystem? What does it look like and who are the players?
- [5:08] What are the benefits of working together from an ISV perspective?
- [7:25] What are some of the top use cases for AI that you are seeing today?
- [12:06] What should customers be thinking about today to future proof their AI solution?
- [14:19] What are some reasons to consider investment in hardware as a service?
- [16:36] Where is this technology going? What do the next 5 years look like?
- The AI ecosystem is made up of edge servers loaded with software from an independent software vendor (ISV), which processes the data on site and transmits the relevant processed data to the cloud. GPUs and CPUs power the solution and integrators like Telaid bring all those components together with deployment and ongoing maintenance.
- A common challenge with AI deployments is a failure to spec the correct hardware. The results can be anything from the system causing a fire hazard to suboptimal performance or needless expense. It’s important to spec the correct hardware to support AI applications.
- There are use cases for AI in everything from autonomous checkout to customer experience, safety, inventory management and labor management.
- Keys to helping future-proof your AI ecosystem include:
- Think about the different elements of your operation and consider how AI could help you gain better visibility or better manage those elements to identify current and future use cases.
- Consider physical space needed to accommodate additional hardware.
- Evaluate the potential to access the latest hardware with an opex investment.
- Sound and voice AI have the potential to improve security as well as offer all people greater access to retail.
Andi leads Lenovo’s Enterprise AI business in North America. A global go-to-market executive with expertise in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data analytics, Andrea helps F500 companies drive agility and re-invent their operations with AI. Her passion for evangelizing AI solutions inspires executives in retail, restaurants, CPG, supply chain, and manufacturing think differently about how they can harness the power of artificial intelligence to make smarter decisions, increase operational efficiency, and enhance customer experience. A deep understanding of AI solutions, combined with her ability to cultivate technology ecosystems with software vendors, GPU and CPU manufacturers, system integrators, and channel partners, enables Andrea to become a trusted advisor to CXOs.
Prior to Lenovo, she served as Director of Business Development at Dematic, where she was instrumental in building the technology ecosystem necessary to deploy intelligent supply chain transformation to retailers, wholesalers, and manufacturers. Her background includes two decades of global strategy, growth, and innovation leadership roles with GE, ExxonMobil, Crane, Imerys, Omron, and General Mills. She earned a BS in Management from Indiana University and holds a Certificate in AI & Business Strategy from MIT. An avid cyclist, Andi resides in Atlanta, Georgia with her four children and their English Mastiff, Penelope.