Last modified: October 1, 2018
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website whatsoever. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website (if any), or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at 1-800-205-5556.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Through this Website we may collect both “Personal Information” and “Non-Personal Information” about you. We also collect other related information as described below. Here is a description of the types of information we collect:
Personal Information is information that can be used to personally identify you and may include:
- Names and contact details including telephone number, email address, and postal address (where applicable);
- Products and related services which are of interest to you, as relevant to your preferences;
- Information you provide if you report a problem with our Website;
- Records of any correspondence we have with you;
- Any other information the Company collects about you that is defined as Personal Information or Personally Identifiable Information under applicable law; and
- Any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline.
Non-Personal Information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you and may include:
- Anonymous usage data;
- General demographic information we may collect; and
- Referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks.
Information You Provide To Us
We may also track information provided to us by your browser or by our mobile application when you view or use the Service, and may include:
- The website you came from (known as the “referring URL”);
- The type of browser you use;
- The device from which you connected to the Service;
- The time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you.
We use this information for, among other things, the operation of the Service, to maintain the quality of the Service, to provide general statistics regarding use of the Service and for other business purposes. We track this information using cookies, or small text files which include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to a user’s browser from our servers and are stored on the user’s computer hard drive. Sending a cookie to a user’s browser enables us to collect Non-Personal Information about that user and keep a record of the user’s preferences when utilizing our Services, both on an individual and aggregate basis. The Company may use both persistent and session cookies; persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your session and until you delete them, while session cookies expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your Internet browser help file directions. If you choose to disable cookies, some areas of the Service may not work properly. More information is provided on this topic below under “Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.”
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. An IP address is a number which recognizes the computer or other device used to access the internet. Typically, a web server automatically collects IP addresses and uses them to administer a website. IP addresses are used in conjunction with cookies for the purpose of “remembering” computers or other devices used to access this Website.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services known as “behavioral tracking.” For example, we collect details of your download history, what webpages you visit, how long you may visit a webpage, what webpages you may leave, and what pages you may enter.
For information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choices about behavioral tracking please contact us at email@example.com or toll free at 1-800-205-5556.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, but we nevertheless may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to, for example:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. Be sure to manage your privacy and security settings.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including generally any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your subscription(s) to any of our publications, including expiration and renewal notices;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and/or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org instructing us not to contact you about this.
Data Anonymization and Aggregation
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Telaid’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Telaid about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; and
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Telaid, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information and Managing Your Preferences
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com or by calling us toll free at 1-800-205-5556.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can send us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll free at 1-800-205-5556. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Additionally, subject to your consent if required by applicable law, we may use your personal information to provide you with direct marketing information about our products and Services as well as those of our affiliates and third parties (where applicable), and we may permit those affiliates or other third parties to send their own direct marketing to you. Our direct marketing may be by email, telephone, post or SMS or such other method(s) as may become relevant. In addition, the Company may provide direct marketing information and permit others to do that as allowed by our customers’ respective contracts. We will take steps to seek to ensure that any direct marketing from us and which is sent by electronic means will provide a simple means for you to stop further communications, in accordance with applicable law. For example, in emails, we may provide you with an “unsubscribe” link, or an email address to which you can send an opt-out request. In all cases, should you wish not to receive information from Telaid you should send an email to us at email@example.com making that request. In addition, if we need your consent for direct marketing communications under applicable law, and if you provide your consent, you will be able to change your mind at any time.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your request or calling us toll free at 1-800-205-5556.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website (https://www.networkadvertising.org).
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. You may also call us toll free at 1-800-205-5556. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governed by our strict confidential standards.
Obtaining Copies of or Access to Your Personal Information and Updating Us
You may have the right to obtain copies of or access to your personal information from us. Please contact us for further details. We may request payment of a small fee, in accordance with applicable law. If you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete and should be updated, please inform us as soon as possible.
Data Security Is A Priority
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Our site uses “SSL” and “HTTPS” technologies for security. We take seriously our responsibility to protect the security and privacy of the information we receive via this Website. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide via this Website against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please remember that communications over the internet are not secure. We seek to keep secure all confidential information and personal information submitted to us through this Website in accordance with our obligations under applicable laws and regulations. However, like all website operators, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted through this Website. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are ultimately responsible for keeping any passwords or User Contributions you may provide confidential. We ask you not to share this information with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Users in the following regions and countries should read the sections below, which contain additional information about regional-specific privacy laws and regulations. In the event of conflict between the information above and the sections below, the sections below will prevail for the regions and countries specified.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 13 West Main Street, Niantic, Connecticut 06357. You may also call us toll free at 1-800-205-5556 for assistance.